Monday, December 5, 2011

Post Volunteering (Reflection)

Jes's Reflection
I personally had fun helping squirting out crab on crackers and putting Thai chili sauce on them. Well that was my favorite part because I got to ate all of the broken pieces and the leftover and they were fricken good! The crackers were Crackers made with Olive oil with herb from Costco (Costco has great things in great quantities). It was crazy in the kitchen. Staffs were not acting how they usually did, they were all hyped up and they got a little mean but that's okay because when I have rush for something, I get pretty mean and annoyed too! It's not the fact that I cooked and helped dry dishes but I also served desert to the people after the dinner thingy was over. I thought they were really nice and the people  had a lot of manners. They were all well-dressed and they were all old...er than many people I know aka ME. I enjoyed taking pictures of how everyone and everything went! I didn't capture that much of myself doing much work because when I was working and I didn't want to take pictures of myself because I didn't want to drop it and plus, I'm NOT photogenic at all. Though I did take a lot of pictures and did a lot of the cooking, it was fun, great and amazing. My two conquests did do a lot which I was surprise because I known these 2 since elementary and they're not the ones that I usually get along or listen to me and stuff. That it was great how I planned the routine for them and they listened and everything worked out fine. I just love the set up of the whole thing and the tables and the room. And the dinner after the banquet was amzing! If I ever get to do any volunteer project, I would like to do the ones that are easy and involves cooking because I want to involve my cooking skills and because volunteering was really fun. I thought it was quite fun because everybody was together. There was no excluding anyone or anything. Like in the future, in my free time or when I get bored I can just go to the church and ask to cook or help with something. It's fun cooking and all but the cleaning the dishes and drying the dishes were eee yuck ughhh, disgusting and I didn't want  my hands to get too dry and bleed. So I clean and dry the dishes but I was very thorough with it. Like it was fun being in charge of something for once because usually I don't like taking care of anything or planning or being in charge of anything because I suck at it and because I really don't know to take control. I'm that type of person who is really crazy or gets really crazy. So, it was a pretty great experience. I would do this again next year if they have the banquet again! Though this time I want to change my volunteer job a little. Like next year, I was hoping to be the cooker full time. I don't wanna run up and down the stairs because they're a lot of them and I hate running. That day, I was freezing my everything off, so the kitchen was perhaps the best place for me to be. Like the whole entire time I was wearing oven mittens gloves and people thought that I have a little crush on on my gloves. The people who served were well-dress and the kitchen ppl just wore regular clothes. And there was me, who took and put on clothes whenever I felt like it. Chilling after the whole entire thing was amzing, getting on CERTAIN people's nerves were quite fun after the stress in the kitchen. The hi-light of whole night was eating the cracker crabs on top and the food because were food was simply delicious! It was like heaven in my mouth, some of the things I've never really had ever! So yeah, it was a great experience!






Pic of Jes in the Kitchen (On a Break)


Riley's Reflection
I like the part when I got the serve people, I went upstairs and actually served people. I was great seeing people eat! I served Caesar salad. I thought that was fun. Washing dishes was cool, I did the washing and Nga did the drying. After that, I got a chance to ate dinner. We got some pretty sick food. And there are more reflection stuff on papers.





Pic of Riley in the Kitchen Carrying Tin Foil of Caesar Salad


Caue's Reflection
Throughout the whole night, I served. I served appetizers, brought up the dishes, brought of huge pans of  chicken, ham and gravy. After that, I got a little break to eat my dinner, I was stoked up on the fries. Then after I ate, I went up and served dessert. Desert was vanilla pudding in a fancy cup with fruits such as banana, cherry, strawberry slices with whipped cream on top with a raspberry. Nga and a whole bunch of people served with me. And then after that, we had something sorta like a party, where everybody just hung out and then went home. Personally I thought the night was cool. I enjoyed working with Nightergamer. <- Nathaniel. And what else is cool that we both wore blue sweaters and black pants. I was a good guy, I helped alot, people were happy. People thanked me, that was nice because it felt good. The people enjoyed me giving them good food. And I really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,
really,really,really,really,really, really, really, really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really,
really,really,really,really,really, really, really, really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really, really, really, really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really, really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,
really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,
really,really,really,really,really, really, really, really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really,
really,really,really,really,really, really, really, really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really,
really,really,really,really,really, really, really, really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really,
really,really,really,really,really, really, really, really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really,
really,really, really, really enjoyed pigging out on the food because it was great! The fries and the crab on the crackers were the BEST! The whole entire time I was talking about Xbox and guy stuff and we gossiped about teachers - the funny ones like Mr Collins. I also used my manners like the first time in my life which made me felt good, dawg. The main goal of the fundrasier for the spring roadtrip. Boring but the chilling part was fun.




Caue Serving and Doing Something



After Party



















                                              Going Home

1 comment:

  1. Caue and Riley are both gunna hand in their reflection separately.

    ReplyDelete